- Primum Non Nocere ~ First of all, to do no harm
Naturopathic Doctors are trained to use the least harmful medicines
such as herbs, homeopathy, vitamins, nutrition, and counseling. When
appropriate, NDs prescribe pharmaceuticals and/or refer to specialist
for further evaluation.
- Vis Medicatrix Naturae ~ To act in cooperation with the healing Power of Nature
Naturopathic Doctors respect the body's innate ability to heal and will
give the body the necessary medicines to help the process.
- Tolle Casum ~ To address the fundamental causes of disease
Naturopathic Doctors spend a lot of time with their patients to
understand the underlying problem and work with the patient to treat
the root of the problem.
- Tolle Totem ~ To heal the whole person through individualized treatment
Naturopathic Doctors know that health is more than a diagnosis or
disease. Every patient has different needs and different lifestyles.
Treatment plans are individualized to meet each patient's health
- Docere ~ To teach the principles of healthy living and preventive medicine
Naturopathic Doctors spend a lot of time educating their patients about
lifestyle, diet, and wellness. Many Naturopathic Doctors share their
knowledge in the community by offering lectures, discussion groups,
- Praevenire ~ To practice prevention with patients and the public
Naturopathic Doctors believe that prevention is the best cure. NDs evaluate disease and ways to prevent disease.